Friday, May 16, 2008

IRELAND




In May & June I got the wonderful oppurtunity to go to Europe with my friend Ashley. We work together & our manager could only give us 2 1/2 weeks off work, so in 19 days we went to Ireland, Scotland, England, France, & Italy. It was an awesome trip. I got to see so many historical sites. I also have never walked so much in my life, luckily I took good shoes. We also rode tons of buses and subway systems. Europeans live so differently than we do. I am so used to hoping in my car and going wherever I want to. They walk everywhere!!! I also got to eat some really yummy food: baguettes, crepes, gelato, and authentic pasta & pizza. I hope I can go back some day and spend more time in each country. This first picture is in Dublin Castle. Have you ever seen such a big lamp? The other picture is outside Dublin Castle.

This is Temple Bar, it is the most popular bar in Dublin, Ireland. Of course we had to check it out. It was so crowded! We pretty much walked in, walked around and then walked right back out.






























We went on a day trip to Cork. We went with a tour group called Paddywagon Tours. Our tour guide had an awesome accent! Gotta love cute buys with accents. We got to see a lot of the countryside covered in sheep. We went to the Cliffs of Moher. It was incredibly windy but had breathtaking views. In the one picture I got a wee bit close to the edge. Ashley & I actually crossed the path that said "do not cross." I'm such a rebel! We stayed in 2 different hostels in Ireland. The first was excellent. We shared a room with a mother & daughter. The second hostel was in a bar. We got Diet Cokes in glass bottles, which I totally brought home! Great souvenir. The 2nd night in our bar hostel we shared a room with 2 girls from London. They strolled in around 3 AM & with a boy. The 2nd night we shared a room with 2 naked Germans. Hostels are cheap and you come home with some great stories!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

That is so cool! I hope to go all the places you've been one day! Also download Picasa. That's where I get all of my photo collages.